Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sunrise, Sept. 8, 2011

Sunrises and sunsets are probably my favorite part about living on this planet. But really, the sky, in general. And clouds. Especially when large bodies of water are also visible beneath the sky.

These are images of this morning's sunrise, which, as always, don't do the real thing justice. My jaw dropped when I got my first glimpse of the eastern glow. The way the light was hitting the clouds made them look two dimensional and exaggerated their shapes...so much so that it reminded me of paintings and drawings that I've seen, but which I always considered to be exaggerations and romanticizations of what was actually seen and what was actually possible in the sky. Unfortunately, I didn't get a very good shot of the clouds, so you'll just have to take my word for it. ;)

7:03am

8:00am


No comments:

Post a Comment