Wednesday, September 21, 2011

In Love with the Sky: Wednesday, Sept 21, 2011

I'm going to start labeling these sky photo posts "In Love with the Sky"...cuz, well...I am. In love with the sky, I mean. I really can't help it. When I took an Intro to Atmospheric Sciences (aka Meteorology) class two springs ago, I started a habit of looking at the sky any time I was outside or near a window. Originally, it was to study the clouds and learn how to tell what the weather's doing by the forms they take. But my desire to learn soon melded with my love of aesthetics, and thus, a sky/cloud obsession was born.

Today, the sky was full of soft, icy blue clouds...all day. This afternoon, I found myself near my favorite sky-watching spot, Lakeview Blvd. Close enough to walk down and get a bigger picture of what I could only catch glimpses of between the apartment buildings on Capitol Hill. Naturally, I snagged the opportunity for more sky-lovin'.

Oh, and Blogger just announced that photos are now available for viewing in their full size. Which is handy, because in this series, I used the panorama setting on my spiffy camera phone for the first time. So if you want to see any of these in a larger format, just click on the image! :)

This first set was taken on the Lakeview Blvd I-5 overpass. It seemed like I was standing there for ages, jaw gaping in awe, camera clicking away. But according to the time stamps on my photos, I was only actively taking pics for 20 min. Time perception is a fickle thing.



These next few were taken a few minutes later on my bus ride home...at some very timely stops. :)




    
    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment